20th March is International Day of Happiness (IDoH), and to celebrate, we'd like to help inspire you to create more happiness in your life and the lives of others! This post shares a summary of quick links to all of our IDoH activities, offering you lots of exciting new content and ways to get involved!
The Quick Highlights
- #HappyHaiku: Share a haiku about what makes you happy, in our #HappyHaiku competition.
- Celebrate IDoH on Facebook Live: Join the Network of Wellbeing at 1.30pm GMT, and lots of other organisations throughout the day.
- New IDoH video: Featuring the inspiring words of Satish Kumar.
- Away from loneliness and towards wellbeing: New blog post by NOW's Larch Maxey.
- Special edition Community Potluck: Held on Friday 17th March, and themed around IDoH.
- Write yourself happy: The German Ministry of Happiness and Wellbeing shares their IDoH campaign.
- #HappyActs: A campaign via Live Happy, encouraging people to make the world a happier place one act at a time.
- DayOfHappiness.net: Offering a free happiness guidebook, happiness pack for kids and the World Happiness Report.
We are inviting you to share what makes you happy in the form of a haiku! (See examples above and on the right).
Prizes are on offer for the best entries - more details can be found here - but you can also share simply for the joy of it!
Celebrate on Facebook Live
We are working together with our friends at Museum of Happiness and several other organisations to offer online video broadcasts via Facebook Live throughout International Day of Happiness.
Enjoy talks and stories about how happiness is being spread throughout the world, with tips and tricks about how to implement in to your own life.
New Video with Satish Kumar
We interviewed Resurgence Editor-in-Chief and NOW Trustee, Satish Kumar, about International Day of Happiness. Check out his inspiring words below, and if you enjoy this video please share it with others.
Highlights from the NOW blog
We share regular posts on our blog about happiness and wellbeing, and in recent days we've shared a few excellent new posts themed around Happiness Day. This includes a blog post by NOW's Larch Maxey exploring how we can move away from loneliness and towards wellbeing, drawing on his recent experiences of joining the 'Breaking the Spell of Loneliness Tour' with journalist George Monbiot and folk singer Ewan McLennan. We also shared a guest post by Gina Schöler, creator of Germany's Ministry of Happiness and Wellbeing, about the inspiring campaign running in Germany and internationally to 'write yourself happy'.
There are many ways you can get involved today; from watching Facebook Live videos to sharing a happy haiku, to supporting the thousands of other happiness and wellbeing initiatives running around the world on 20th March and beyond! However you decide to celebrate, we hope you have a very happy day!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share (via the options below). To stay updated on our latest wellbeing news and events, follow NOW on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our monthly newsletter.