“If we use the wrong measures, we will strive for the wrong things” – Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz.
On 20th March, the Network of Wellbeing (NOW) and Happy City hosted a webinar to mark International Day of Happiness and the 50th anniversary of Senator Robert Kennedy’s famous speech about moving beyond GDP. Check out the highlights and the full webinar video below:
- At 2 minutes 45 seconds: Happy City's Liz Zeidler talks about the links between Robert Kennedy's famous beyond GDP speech and the links between happiness and moving beyond GDP.
- 10 mins 45 secs: Liz introduces Happy City's work on the recently launched Thriving Places Index.
- 17 mins 25 secs: Discussion on Wales' Wellbeing for Future Generations Act and the importance of intergenerational wellbeing.
- 19 mins 50 secs: Some tips for bringing happiness and wellbeing into your own life.
- 25 mins 42 secs: A practical exercise exploring the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- 35 mins: Start of audience questions and answers, covering topics such as political responses to happiness and wellbeing, how to create sustainable change and whether creating a happier society means the end of capitalism as we know it.
Building Wellbeing Together Webinar Series:
This webinar is part of a series of online events run by the Network of Wellbeing (NOW) exploring how we can build wellbeing together in our own lives, in our communities and in harmony with nature. We interview people and organisations working on happiness and wellbeing related projects once every month. Check out links to our next webinar, and recordings of previous webinars below:
- 24th April at 6pm GMT: Towards a Global Wellbeing Economies Alliance: Free webinar with Katherine Trebeck
- Positive psychology and finding your purpose with Michelle Preston
- Happier self, happier world with Shamash Alidina
To stay updated on wellbeing news and events you can follow the Network of Wellbeing (NOW) on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, plus sign up to our monthly newsletter. Thank you for your interest in wellbeing!