We are facing many challenges in the world today - political, environmental and social. In this wider context some may ask: why focus on happiness, when there is so much suffering in the world? The below video is a recording of a webinar, featuring Alex Nunn from Action for Happiness, and exploring why a focus on happiness is relevant given the state of the world.
- At 2 minutes 50 seconds Alex leads a short guided mindfulness exercise
- At 7 minutes Alex shares why the topic of happiness and social change is so important to him
- At 14 minutes 45 seconds Alex explores the links between happiness and social change
- At 29 minutes 30 seconds Alex guides a mindfulness practice to help support putting our values into practice
- At just after 41 minutes there is a section with questions from the webinar audience
Find out more:
To find out more about Action for Happiness and their Exploring What Matters course - an 8-week volunteer run course that brings people together to explore what really matters in life - follow this link: http://www.actionforhappiness.org/course.
Building Wellbeing Together Webinar Series:
This webinar is part of a series of online events run by the Network of Wellbeing (NOW) exploring how we can build wellbeing together in our own lives, in our communities and in harmony with nature. We interview people and organisations working on happiness and wellbeing related projects once every month. Check out links to our next webinar, and recordings of previous webinars below:
- 26th June at 6pm UK time: Your wellbeing, your community, our world: How can we build wellbeing together? with NOW Director Roger Higman
- 31st July at 6pm UK time: The place of kindness with Zoe Ferguson of the Carnegie UK Trust
- Towards a global wellbeing economies alliance with Katherine Trebeck
- How society could be happier beyond GDP with Liz Zeidler
- Positive psychology and finding your purpose with Michelle Preston
- Happier self, happier world with Shamash Alidina
To stay updated on wellbeing news and events you can follow the Network of Wellbeing (NOW) on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, plus sign up to our monthly newsletter. Thank you for your interest in wellbeing!