- NOW Totnes is our first local initiative and offers information and support to individuals and community groups as well as public and private sector organisations. Our focus is to enable individuals and organisations to improve personal, community and environmental wellbeing, although we do initiate projects where this is most beneficial. We are fortunate to have a dynamic team of volunteers whose contribution is vital.
We use the Five Ways to Wellbeing to summarise over 40 years of research into wellbeing and to introduce people to the type of actions which improve wellbeing. The Five Ways are –Connect… Be Active… Take Notice… Keep Learning… Give… As the diagram below shows, there are many activities and intiatives in Totnes which support personal, community and environmental wellbeing.
In Totnes we have been involved in a variety of wellbeing related initiatives including:
- Helping to bring individuals and organsiations together by ‘joining the dots’.
- Initiating a community supper which offers a free monthly social, sharing event and gathering place
- Providing starter grants to wellbeing projects through our Totnes Wellbeing Fund
- Piloting free Wellbeing Training
- Supporting a wide range of community events
We have worked with over 100 local projects and organisations during our first two years, including community gardening projects, a homeless and drop In centre, children’s centres, schools, churches, and local councils. Where appropriate we link existing initiatives and agencies together.
There are many ways you can connect with NOW and learn more about our work. You can find a list of all of the different ways you can get in touch with us here.
The Market Square in Totnes